The Pre-Vetting Commission announces that, on October 27 and 28, 2022, it will hold a new round of public hearings of the candidates registered in the competition for the position of member of the Superior Council of Magistracy (CSM). Six candidates from among the judges, from the 23 remaining in the competition, will be heard.
On Thursday, October 27, 2022, the following candidates will appear before the members of the Commission:
- Vitalie Stratan, judge at the Chișinău Court, Head Office (10:00 a.m.)
- Iurie Bejenaru (13:00) and Anatolie Țurcan (16:00) – judges at the Supreme Court of Justice.
On Friday, October 28, 2022, the following will be heard:
- Angela Bostan, magistrate at the Chișinău Court of Appeal (10:00 a.m.)
- Sergiu Osoianu, judge at the Strășeni Court (1:00 p.m.)
- Vladislav Holban, judge at the Chișinău District Court, Head Office (4:00 p.m.)
The hearings take place in open session. Civil society, media representatives and the general public can participate, by notifying in advance the Commission’s Secretariat at email@example.com. Only registered people will have access to the room where the hearings will take place – the National Institute of Justice, room 108 (Alexandru Ion Cuza) (M. Kogălniceanu street corner with Serghei Lazo street 1).
Note: Filming, live streaming, as well as taking pictures during the entire sessions is prohibited. The Secretariat of the Commission will provide interested journalists with photos during the hearings, and the recordings of the hearings will be placed on the website of the Commission www.vetting.md in the section Transparency -> Hearings and the YouTube channel https://firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours after the end of the hearings.